15 January 2009

Miao Xiaochun: Microcosm



Miao Xiaochun: Microcosm

Miao Xiaochun: Microcosm is an exhibition which shows some multimedia works of Beijing-based Miao Xiaochun. I went there on 10 Jan with my MA classmates. It was my first trip in the Contemporary Art & Cultural Interactivity Class. It was a good chance for me to broaden my horizons and know more about contemporary art.



Microcosm, the centre piece in the exhibition, is the interpretation of Hieronymus Bosch’s 15th century masterpiece, the Garden of Earthly Delights. Also, there are some other series such as line and ink prints, graphite drawings and embroidered silk. Miao used computer to make the 3D modelling. He used lines to depict the contours of an object’s fundamental shape. This shows the beauty of its form.





1. 2. 3. 4.


5。 6。 7。

1. Poison
2. Vagueness
3. Nocturn
4. Suspense
5. Mutagenesis
6. Mirror
7. Talk

121 x 30cm
Digital Inkject Print on Xuan Paper
2008